Saturday, April 23, 2011

Help in Decluttering

Helpful questions to ask yourself about items:

Have I used this item in the past year?
Has anyone else in my home used it in the past year?
Do I have a definite use for this in the foreseeable future?
If its broken, is it worth fixing?
Does this item serve a worthwhile purpose in my life?
Do I need to keep it for legal or tax purpose?
Is it more important to me to keep this item than to have the space it occupies?
Do I love it?
Does someone in my household love it?
Would it be difficult or expensive to get another one if I/we needed it?

When your house has less items cluttering up your home its easier to clean, organize and to find things when you want them. You might be surprised to find you own multiple of an item because you couldn't find it so you bought a new one.

1 comment:

  1. We have officially made 5 trips to Goodwill since our last move!!! Seriously? We have a LOT of stuff! UGH....Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete